Thursday, April 10, 2014

Three Beautiful Things 04/09/14: Gettin' There, Gettin' Real(tor), Debrief with IPA

1.  I spent much of the day working in the yard.  I yanked, pulled, hoed, chopped, and mowed.  I built more stamina.  I made things look better.  I burned some calories.  It was a great day for yardwork:  moderate temperatures, plenty of cloud cover to begin, and then plenty of shaded areas to work in.  Much is left to do, but I'm gettin' there.

2.  Things get more real every day.  Our realtor toured the house today and we sat down and talked about ways to freshen up the house and yard and talked about timelines.   It's getting more real by the day.

3.  The Deke and I needed to debrief after talking with Simon, so we headed over to Sixteen Tons and I did a mini-IPA tour.  First a half a pint of Georgetown Lucille and then a can of Ballast Point Big Eye IPA.  We then crossed the street for a bite to eat and I tried McMenamin's 7Cs IPA.  Each in its own way, each of these IPAs was tasty, especially as my tolerance for hops increases and as I start to experience a little more the different kinds of taste hops can bring.  More me, the more citrus tasting, the better, but if the IPA is more on the piney side, like I thought Big Eye IPA was, it just takes me about four ounces of sipping to get used to it.  I enjoyed my little IPA tour and, even more, enjoyed the pep talking the Deke and I shared as we keep each other feeling good about the big move we are in the process of making.

No comments: