Thursday, July 16, 2015

Three Beautiful Things 07/15/15: Mom Picks Raspberries, German Beer @ Chez Byrdman, Back to Paragon and Daft Badger

1. Mom is appreciating the cooler temperatures and is feeling a little bit frisky with her arm feeling better and with her hip and legs not hurting so much, so she headed to the raspberry patch to do some picking and I joined her to take some of some weed pulling and poisoning.

2. I jetted over the 4th of July Pass to visit the Lake City of Coeur d'Alene and drop by the residence of Jim "Byrdman" Byrd. We relaxed by enjoying some German lager and wheat beer at Chez Byrdman and I got to see Byrdman's developing basement man cave and we got started on figuring out the world of sports and current events.

3. Byrdman and I then headed out to Paragon Brewing on Government way for some chow and I enjoyed tenderloin sliders and seasoned curly fries with a fine pint of Firestone Walker Easy Jack, a fine session IPA, not too boozy, but full of hoppy bite.  Done eating, we made our way down to Daft Badger Brewery.  My North Idaho College class and choirmate, Darrell Dlouhy runs this brewery. The beer is superb and so is the food menu -- Byrdman and I were very impressed with the food we saw come out of the kitchen and when it comes to beer, I thoroughly enjoyed my Summer's Envy Citra IPA and Byrdman gave his Final Mile Golden Ale an enthusiastic thumbs up.  We only had one disappointment: Darrell had gone home a bit earlier, so we didn't get to see him, but we totally enjoyed our beers and, as we were back in January when we first visited Daft Badger, we were very impressed with what a handsome and comfortable environment Darrell has created in his brewpub and with the the superb service of Darrell's staff.

No comments: