Friday, July 31, 2015

Three Beautiful Things 07/30/15: Restorative Sleep, Restored Computer, Restorative Dinner

1. I do not remember the last time I slept for 11-12 hours, but this morning I woke up, got out of bed, and was startled to see that it was 10:00. Likewise, the Deke was in need of a long, restorative sleep.She arose ninety minutes later. We are fortunate people that we live a life that allows us to rest like this, even if it's a once in a blue moon sort of thing.

2. The Deke and I drove back to the Diaz house to give Molly support -- an ice tea lemonade and a chocolate croissant, to be exact -- and to see Ana Maria again. The Deke's browser had been hijacked while I was in Kellogg and so I spent a couple of hours with tech support at Symantec getting her computer cleaned up. I had no problem with the solution taking two hours. The service people were earnest, considerate, and focused and I enjoyed working with all three of them and was happy to see the the Deke's computer returned to health.

3. Next, the Deke and Molly commissioned me to go to Giant for some food and we had a family dinner of chicken, rice, baguette, and green salad.  The Deke took charge of putting the dinner together and it was a great help to Hiram, who'd been with Olivia and David all day, and Molly, who is recovering from giving birth, to have this dinner prepared for them. It was a jolly time -- I left the table with my body and my spirit well nourished.

No comments: