Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Three Beautiful Things 07/27/15: Maggie Survives, 7th Grade Kidney Report, Dinner at Carol's, BONUS: Ana Maria is Born

1. I called the Deke and received this report: The Deke is staying at Molly and Hiram's in Silver Spring because Molly is so close to having her baby. In the middle of the night, our older corgi Maggie showed signs of distress and illness and the Deke quickly located an emergency vet and took Maggie to Rockville where she was treated for a urinary tract infection. Eventually, the vet sent Maggie home with pills and she is recovering well.

2. Upstairs, Mom had a small bag of things from my youth to sort out. In the bag, I found report cards. I found out that all of my teachers said I talked too much in class. Ha! Among other things, I discovered a 7th grade science research report.  What was the subject of my paper:  kidneys. For those of you who know that I'm being treated for chronic kidney disease, you can understand that I found this discovery both weird and eerie.

3. Carol and Paul invited Mom, Christy, Everett, and me over for dinner.  Paul grilled a school of tilapia and it tasted exquisite with the accompanying green salad, garden fresh green beans, and brown rice. Toward the end of dinner, a robust discussion of raised garden beds broke out between Christy, Everett, Paul, and Mom and I spent about ten minutes or so waiting for the right moment to bust into the discussion with the news that Molly had gone into labor and was on her way to the hospital.

BONUS UPDATE: Here's a preview of tomorrow's Three Beautiful Things:  Molly gave birth to Ana Maria on 07/28/15.


No comments: