Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Three Beautiful Things 10-29-18: Writing, Getting Ready, *Chinatown*

1. I spent much of my time today writing. I am now caught up on my Sibling Assignments and later I will post them, provide links in tomorrow's 3BTs, and post my pieces on Facebook once I have Christy's and Carol's links.

2. I checked and double checked to make sure I had everything ready for my trip on Tuesday to Sacred Heart's Transplant Center to meet with my transplant team.

3. While I wrote away, I put the movie Chinatown on in the background. From time to time, I shifted my focus to the movie and marveled at the masterful acting in this movie, its perfectly created atmosphere, its complicated, lyrical, and metaphorical screenplay, the haunting music of the soundtrack, and its troubling story of corruption at every level of human experience -- from corruption of the political system to the ugliest corruption of family relations.

No comments: