Sunday, November 26, 2023

Three Beautiful Things 11-25-2023: A Good Workout, Afternoon Time with Copper and Luna, Exquisite Turkey Soup

1. After driving out to the Fitness Center on Friday, only to discover it was closed, I wised up today and called out there. It was open from 8-12, so I blasted out and got in some good exercise. While on a couple of machines, I listened again to Episode 3 of Who Killed JFK? and then powered my way to the end of my workout with ZZ Top, Free ("All Right Now"), and Pink Floyd ("Shine on You Crazy Diamond"). 

It might be time to make myself an exercise playlist on Spotify.

2. It was chilly outside today. Copper and Luna seemed very happy that I joined them in the bedroom to work on Saturday's NYTimes Crossword Puzzle and to take a nap. I was happy to be with them, too.

3. Debbie bought a couple of turkey backs and made a very delicious turkey soup this afternoon. It was like having a certain kind of turkey dinner in a soup. She added sliced yams, chopped potatoes, Brussels sprouts, and topped the soup with dumplings. I especially enjoyed how the yams sweetened the broth and were balanced by the Brussels sprouts. My favorite way to enjoy turkey is to eat turkey soup and this was one of the tastiest turkey soups I've ever eaten. Debbie made enough so that we can have some more soup on Wednesday. 

No comments: