Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Three Beautiful Things 01-08-2024: Trips to Smelterville, Sweet and Sour Steak Stir Fry, (Mostly) Quiet Evening

 1. I started my fifty minutes of working out a little early today. Christy had a 9 o'clock appointment at the clinic in Smelterville for an hour and I huffed and puffed to Machine Head and Thick as a Brick until we were both done at 10. 

Later, after a post-workout Greek-ish salad, I blasted out to Walmart and picked up a grocery order for Christy and brought the goods into her house. 

2. Sunday night, after Family Christy's Birthday Dinner, we brought home a piece of leftover steak. I consulted a favorite recipe site, Spruce Eats, and found a recipe for a sweet and sour stir fry using steak. I made the sweet and sour marinade, cut the steak into strips, and marinated the meat for about an hour and a half. Then all I had to do was warm up the steak in hot oil and then stir fry onions, garlic, sliced mushrooms, red bell pepper strips, broccoli, and cherry tomatoes. I poured the marinade over it all, heated it up until it thickened and served the stir fry over jasmine rice. 

It worked! 

3. We had a quiet evening. Debbie relaxed after her first day back with students after a two week break. I switched gears and worked on acrostic puzzles along with a crossword. We kept the television off, Gibbs protected us from any activity outside the house by barking his head off, and Debbie went to bed early, opening the way for Copper to roam around the kitchen and living room and to have a dish of wet food. 

No comments: