Thursday, January 18, 2024

Three Beautiful Things 01-17-2024: Snow Shoveling Day, Debbie Found the Exit, Dinner Inspired by Billy Mac

 1. I shoveled Christy's and our walks this morning. Then I shoveled again. And again. And again. Then I shoveled our driveway. Oh, by the way, it snowed all day today.

2. Debbie drives very cautiously on the wintry roads. That doesn't stop me, however, from being relieved and happy when I hear the garage door open and she's back home from work safe and sound. Tonight, I was especially relieved. The unrelenting snow not only made traction on the freeway a challenge, visibility was also very limited. Thanks to this combination of snow on the road and in the air, Debbie could barely see the exit she takes to leave I-90. She did see it, however dimly. And she made it home, in the dark, safely. I was relieved, happy, and thankful.

3. Back in the good old days of mirth and scintillating conversation, along with excellent food and drinks, at Billy Mac's, the menu included at appetizer called (I think) simply Hot Shrimp. As I remember, it was like ordering Buffalo Wings, but was a shrimp dish instead of chicken.

That appetizer came to mind today as I pondered what to fix Debbie and me for dinner. I knew we had shrimp in the freezer and I knew we had leftover penne in the fridge. 

Hmmm.

Hot shrimp, I thought. It won't be exactly like at Billy Mac's, but Debbie and I really liked the sauce I made last night for our chicken wing dinner and I decided to whip up another batch of that sauce, cook up some shrimp, heat up the penne, and combine them all in a bowl.

It wasn't Billy Mac's, but it worked! 

No comments: