Friday, January 26, 2024

Three Beautiful Things 01-25-2024: Car Care and Fred Meyer, Back to the Rehab Gym, Bountiful Green Salad for Dinner

1. I piled into the Camry this morning and eased over the splendid roads on the 4th of July Pass and took the car in for an oil change. The guy who checked me in told me the car would be ready in an hour. No problem. I planned on that. To my delight, however, the Camry was ready in under half an hour (and everything checked out positively). 

That the pit crew finished up so quickly meant that I could dash over to Fred Meyer, pick up the handful of items on my list while having time to not be able to find certain things (eventually I did), and make it to the rehab gym in plenty of time for today's session.

2. I'd missed two rehab sessions in a row because of weather and my doctor's appointment last week and driving Christy to her appointment this week.

Everything at the rehab gym was good. My blood pressure was golden, my lungs sounded clear, and my weight was the lowest it's been since I started going there. 

Once again, I turned to The Cars and Candy-O to lift my spirits while I blasted away on the cardio machines and worked with hand weights. 

I topped off this most successful and satisfying trip to CdA with a quick stop at the Beach Bum Bakery shack in the Runge Furniture parking lot and replenished our bagel supply with a three pack of sesame and a three pack of everything.

3. Back in Kellogg, Debbie texted me that she was bringing home green salad and I augmented what Debbie brought home with strawberries, cucumber, feta cheese, and other delicious items and enjoyed all the different flavors and textures of my creation.  

No comments: