Monday, January 22, 2024

Three Beautiful Things 01-21-2024: More Cardio--More Cars, Toasting Molly and Paul and Carol, Fish Chowder Family Dinner

1. While a lot of back streets and lesser used roads are a snowy, slushy, icy mess, my route from home to the Fitness Center was in good shape. I arrived there in time to exercise for an hour and fifteen minutes and burned just the amount of calories I'd hoped to. 

Once again, I turned to The Cars' first album to make my workout all the more enjoyable and let my mind wander as many great memories of living in Spokane, dancing alone in my tiny basement apartment in Eugene, and first hearing cuts from this album while listening to the radio, driving home from taking a 1st year French class in the summer of 1978 at Eastern Washington University.

2. At tonight's Family Dinner, I initiated a toast to Molly for having been installed as a member of the Silver Valley Chamber of Commerce at Friday night's banquet at the Elks. In addition, we all toasted Carol and Paul who were named the Silver Valley's Volunteers of the Year at the same banquet. Christy, Debbie, and I either couldn't or didn't attend the banquet, so this was our way of joining with Cosette and Taylor to congratulate our family members' achievements.

3. We started dinner with an appetizer plate of cheeses, some Triscuits, and a variety of Carol's pickled foods. We migrated into the dining room and enjoyed Christy's fish chowder, Carol's homemade baguette, and Debbie's zucchini salad. We topped off dinner with the banana cake Christy baked. 

I had a good conversation with Taylor and Cosette about their wedding ceremony. I'm officiating it and now I have a much better understanding of how the ceremony will proceed. It was an easy and thoughtful chat. 

No comments: