Thursday, January 25, 2024

Three Beautiful Things 02-24-2024: Cardio with *Candy-O*, Preparing for Life After Death, Mediterranean Pleasures

 1.  I enjoy going to the Fitness Center or to the rehab gym daily. After not going to either place on Tuesday, I was stoked to drive Christy to the Center for her last day of physical therapy and to get in some exercise. 

It was back to The Cars and their second album, which meant I did cardio with Candy-O

2. I got to work today on creating a guide for Debbie in the event that I should die before she does. She needs to know how to access my computer, use my password manager,  what accounts and policies I am invested in because she's the beneficiary for all of them, and so on. It's good for me to do this work. It's making me double check that I know what Debbie's benefits are and what she will need to do to secure them.

3. Tonight's dinner turned out to be one of our all-time favorites. Debbie and I love food from the Middle East and the Mediterranean and tonight I fixed HelloFresh's Crispy Falafel with Pistachio Couscous, Garlic Herb Crema (a topping for the falafels), Cucumber Dill Salad (with grape tomatoes and accented with lemon juice [I put way more fresh lemon juice on this salad than HelloFresh recommended]), and Butter Pita.

I mixed up the crema, made the salad, roasted the pita bread rounds, cooked the couscous, and fried the falafels until they were crispy. The dinner was a terrific blend of flavors and textures. Neither one of us expected this meal to be so delicious and when we finished our helpings and began right away to look forward to having more meals like this one -- whether via HelloFresh or of our own creation. 

No comments: