1. Answering Christy's call to action, Carol and Paul brought Christy's Subaru to the Medical Center and I buzzed up in the Camry. Before long, Christy and the physical therapist, Morgan, she was working with, popped out of the hospital's main entry.
Christy was walking slowly, deliberately, and with very little pain with the help of a walker. She had a belt around her and Morgan kept her hand close to the belt in case Christy lost her balance or had another problem. Morgan also was in charge of pushing a wheelchair in case Christy needed to stop walking.
This part of Christy's therapy session today was to open the passenger door of her Subaru and get herself into the passenger seat.
I think I'm remembering correctly when I say she had practiced getting into a car using the pretend car in the Physical Therapy room and today Morgan wanted her to sit herself in her own car. Paul, Carol, and I were there to witness Christy do this so we knew how she'd do it once she was in our care again.
Christy completed this task beautifully.
She then practiced stepping up from street level to the sidewalk, negotiating a curb.
My observation in watching Christ complete these tasks, including walking with the walker, is that she's not in a lot of pain, but needs to keep working on building strength throughout her body. I told Debbie this later on and said that I thought she needed to strengthen herself from her chin to her ankles!
It looks to my untrained eye like that that's exactly what her physical therapy sessions are all about.
2. Christy went back the Physical Therapy room and continued to work out with Morgan. After a while, once the session ended, she texted me with a request for a dish with two scoops of ice cream, each a different flavor.
I bopped over to The Beanery and purchased a scoop of salted caramel and another of honey churro in a bowl, delivered the bowl to Christy, and hung out. We gabbed for a while.
3. I fixed what turned out to be my main meal for the day late this morning. I had leftover rice and some mushroom slices. In the wok, I heated up the rice and cooked the mushrooms. In a separate pan I heated a big burrito sized tortilla and when I flipped it over, I put a slice of Swiss cheese on the flip side and it started to melt.
I cracked two eggs over the mushrooms and rice and cooked them together.
I put the tortilla on a cutting board and put the last bits of leftover Trader Joe's eggplant, onion, and tomato I had in the fridge over the melted Swiss cheese and topped it with the mushrooms, rice, and eggs.
I folded the tortilla into a wrap, cut it in half and enjoyed a wrap unlike any I'd ever eaten before and felt nourished when I finished my meal and felt the pleasure of moderate hedonism!
No comments:
Post a Comment