1. Thursday, when Christy went to her house, Paul and Carol were there, too.
Today, on Friday, Christy did rehab exercises at her house and hung out there for several hours with Riley as her company.
Carol swung by mid-afternoon and took Christy back to hers and Paul's house. Christy plans to spend Saturday at her house again, rehabbing and enjoying the comforts of home. Once again, she'll return to Carol and Paul's later in the day.
2. I hadn't turned on the Vizio all summer.
I returned to watching the old television today.
Lately, repeated clips from the 1993 Western Tombstone have been popping up in my Facebook Reels feed. I remember going to see Tombstone thirty-three years ago, remember coming away from it astonished by Val Kilmer's performance as Doc Holliday. Today, I was astonished by Val Kilmer again and I enjoyed watching the stellar cast of this movie at work.
I have no explanation for this, but the older I grow, the more I enjoy punk rock.
I don't exactly seek out punk rock, but when it pops into my life online, I like how it hits me.
Therefore, I decided to watch Repo Man, a classic 1984 independent movie with a punk attitude, punk music, a delirious and fragmented plot line, sharp satire, and wild absurdity.
The Big Lebowski doesn't feature punk rock, but watching Repo Man reminded me of it. Each movie features a meandering and absurd plot, encounters with wild people and violence, and surreal quests.
I also wondered if Quentin Tarantino might have borrowed, whether consciously or unconsciously, the movie's mysterious glowing briefcase from Repo Man which features a mysterious 1964 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu with a glowing trunk.
3. Ed and I have had a string of busy Fridays over the last several weeks that have kept us from meeting at The Lounge. Today, however, we were both free to meet shortly after 3:30 and enjoy cold beverages, get caught up on what's been going on, and have fun yakkin' with Cas.
It was a very good session.
No comments:
Post a Comment