Monday, August 31, 2026

Three Beautiful Things 08-30-2026: Rest, Tickets, Gibbs

 1. I took a day of rest today. Quite a bit has been going on lately and it just didn't seem like I had any duties to fulfill today. I always have sweeping, cooking, dishwashing, and other spiffing up things to do, but I didn't do a lot else today. 

2. I did, however, purchase our symphony tickets for the three concerts we'll attend this fall. I had already lined up our tickets for this fall's Northwest Passages events and I'm expecting the season tickets I won for the Spokane String Quartet to arrive in the mail before long. 

Honestly, I have sorely missed going to live classical music concerts this summer. I'm stoked for the music to start up again and eagerly look forward to the book talks and other lectures. 

3. Now that Gibbs has the entire ground floor of our house at his disposal -- no more gate -- he has been spending quite a bit of time with me in the Vizio room where I've been writing, doing puzzles, and reading. He is now a;so going into the bedroom and jumping up on my bed in advance of my arrival. I miss Copper. Gibbs doesn't. It helps compensate for having lost Copper, though, to have Gibbs being such a willing companion during the day and at night. 

No comments: