Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Three Beautiful Things 08-19-2026: Breakfast with Lifelong Friends, Winning Wednesday, Christy Returns to the Fitness Center

 1. Abby, Jake, Stu, Ed and I met for a delicious breakfast and an hour or so of fun yakkin' at Nosworthy's in Coeur d'Alene. I enjoyed my chili omelet and am once again convinced that I need to work on making chili at home and push my omelet making project to another level by trying to make something like Nosworthy's Blazing Saddles myself. 

I hope you can tell from this picture that we had a great time getting together: 




2. Wednesdays mean one thing at the CdA Casino: Winning Wednesday! Ed and I jetted down after breakfast and spun reels for a couple of hours. We had a lot on our minds going down and coming back and so our conversations were terrific. I had fun playing different machines, had some fun spins that won me some money, but I didn't end up ahead. That's right. It was Winning Wednesday at the casino, but not a Winning Wednesday for me -- but, I must say, the casino did not break my bank so I kept my modest losses within a range I can easily live with! 

3. Christy returned to the Shoshone Medical Center's fitness center in Smelterville today. The session began with a reevaluation of her situation and the setting of new goals. (I don't know what they are.) She got back to doing strength exercises and she worked on the stairs. Going forward, Christy will have PT twice a week. She came home today with a notebook of home exercises, a notebook the physical therapists will continue to add to as Christy continues to work at home and at the center on attaining her goals. 


No comments: