1. 2. 3. Tomorrow, Tuesday, August 4th, Christy will have hip replacement surgery on her right hip. As I go to press, the surgery is scheduled for 2:00 p.m.
Here's summary of what happened this afternoon:
Sometime after 12:00 noon today, an orthopedic Nurse Practitioner came into Christy's room speaking on behalf of the doctor she works with and told Christy that now that she is out of sepsis and because of the avascular necrosis in her hip, the doctor wants to replace her hip immediately -- well, tomorrow.
Christy agreed to this plan. She's ready mentally for the surgery and also ready to do physically whatever is asked of her afterward to promote the success of the surgery.
I will post another blog post tomorrow evening when I arrive home from book club in Spokane to report what I know about the surgery and how Christy is doing.
By the way, we don't know how long she'll be in the hospital after the surgery. For sure, she won't be discharged on the day of the surgery.
Stay tuned.
No comments:
Post a Comment