1. By far, having said goodbye to Copper, the best thing to happen was receiving countless messages from friends who were moved by the last hour Copper and I spent together and who extended comforting words of understanding and condolence about having a pet die.
Thank you to each and every one of you for expressing your thoughts, feelings, and support so beautifully.
2. A friend sent me a superbly preserved photograph of the team picture of the 1968-69 Kellogg Junior High School 9th grade basketball team. I posted it on Facebook and the many joyous responses people made to the photograph uplifted me and helped balance my feelings of grief.
By the way, our junior high teams were the Kellogg Kittens! (The high school teams were the Wildcats.)
The picture is below.
3. Gibbs never did adjust to having Luna and Copper in the house. We put a gate up between the living room and the other rooms in the house. I think this was after Luna died. Now the gate is open and Gibbs is enjoying being able to investigate the rooms he was cut off from. I'm hoping that soon he'll figure out that now he can sleep with me if he'd like until Debbie returns home.
I might just give him some help figuring that out by bringing him to my bed when I retire tonight (Friday).
Here is the Kellogg Junior High 9th grade basketball team, the Kellogg Kittens, 1968-69
Back row l to r Jack Dunn, Mike Farley, Tim O'Reilly, Mike Heglund, Terry Turner, Craig Comer, Mike Rieken, Dave Holland, Sam Cooper
Middle row l to r Kirk Hoskins, Elvin Hansen, Al Wise, Dale Costa, Dave MacPhee, Coach Jim Currie, Harold Kurt, Neil Parkins, Jim Lewis, Scott Stuart
Front row from l to r Bill Woolum, Don Knott, Roger Pearson, Steve Jaynes, Bruce Larsen
.jpeg)
No comments:
Post a Comment