Sunday, August 5, 2007

Three Beautiful Things 08/05/07: Sexy, Straight Ahead, Good Girls

1. Mom and I went to the Coeur d'Alene Summer Theater this afternoon and watched "Kiss Me Kate". Sexy. Sexy. Sexy. Shakespeare and Cole Porter love the sex that simmers between witty lovers who deny they are in love and this musical was steaming with sexy dances, sexy songs, sexy legs, chests, faces, hair, costumes, and banter. It was a sexy matinée.

2. Appleby's is a straight ahead, uncomplicated, order it, eat it, be on your way kind of place and in a kind of straight ahead, uncomplicated, order, eat, and get out sort of way I always find it satisfying. Mom and I always go to Appleby's after we see a musical and we got in, ordered, ate, and left. We were served efficiently, without fanfare, without pretension, and enjoyed our meal.

3. I got back to Silver Valley Girl's and my nieces and their cousins were abuzz with laughter, music, good spirited smack talk, and good humor all the way around. It's really fun to see teenaged girls and nearly teenaged girls acting their silly ages and not trying to be the Ashley twins or being dark, brooking emos.

1 comment:

Pinehurst in my Dreams said...

Sounds like a great day. I have never seen "Kiss Me Kate" - but it sounds like the Cd'A Summer Theater nailed it.

I am curious to hear of an eatery that isn't uncomplicated. . .for I haven't ever thought of them in those terms. The most complication I have in a restaurant is deciding what to order. . .