Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Three Beautiful Things 08/28/07: Sallie Mae, Looking Bad, Dusk

1. Molly needs a loan to pay for her studies at North Texas State University. We put in an application online yesterday and we applied for the wrong type of loan. Molly discovered this today and it was really impressive to have her call me, calmly explain the problem, find out what I needed to do to get the loan cancelled, and to move on and apply for the correct type of loan. It all worked out.

2. I enjoy unflattering pictures. It's why I enjoy Richard Avedon's and Diane Arbus' photography so much. I also enjoy making faces in the mirror, wondering what certain looks I create would look like in a movie or on stage. I experimented with some unflattering self-portraits today. If you'd like to see them, go here.

3. I love the drive from Plummer to St. Maries along and through Heyburn State Park. Here are a couple pictures I took:




3 comments:

Hope said...

You really shouldn't stay up so late.

Mommy Dearest said...

I love the lilipads. I painted the Heyburn lilipads last summer ... a pic of the painting is on the pics on my myspace page if you're interested. I changed the colors wildly. I love the self-portraits. The Otis and I recently got new camera cell phones and we often send eachother goofy self-portraits. All kinds of fun.

Pinehurst in my Dreams said...

Your pics were interesting. The attentive one does look a lot like Bill Murray.