Sunday, August 12, 2007

Three Beautiful Things 08/11/07: The Deke's Voice, Snug on YouTube, Scribblings

1. The Deke is back at West Point after a whirlwind drive to North Carolina and back to see her mother who recently broker her leg. Her mother is doing better than the Deke expected. I know this because the Deke called me this afternoon and I thought how much I love to hear her voice. The Deke has a gorgeous singing voice. I enjoy it a lot. But, I love listening to the Deke talk and it all came back to me on the phone after we hadn't talked to each other for a few days.

2. I finished my slide show in tribute to Snug. I'm sure it will be the first of many. It's posted on YouTube. You can view it in the post right beneath this one or go here.

3. I post each week for Sunday Scribblings and today I went to each person who had posted so far, read her/his piece, and wrote a comment. I'd never taken the time to do this before. I found the variety and the quality of the writing compelling. This week's topic is "goosebumps" and the different writers wrote stories and poems and that touched and moved me in diverse ways. I hope I'll have time to do this again. Maybe I'll have time to read all the rest of the posts that appear tomorrow.

10 comments:

~Kathryn~ said...

that is a mammoth effort to post on all the scribbers ... i try and do 10 - 15 each week

i know i appreciated you dropping by - as i'm sure all the others do too

Kamsin said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment! I haven't had the time to read the vast majority of what's posted on Sunday Scribblings for a while, but try to read all those from blogs I know. It is worth it though, to read through as many as possible, and find new blogs and new thoughts, ideas and inspiration! Thanks again, reminded me why I diligently post each week and enjoy the community so much!

lissa said...

I admire you for reading and commenting on the Sunday Scribblings post. I wish I could do that but I'm just too lazy.

Maybe I'll try this out some sunday.

carol said...

Wow, every single one of them. I'm impressed and inspired! Thanks for taking the time to read and comment my humble little blog. :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for not only reading, but taking the time to comment. I tried to do that a couple of times in the very early days of Sunday Scribblings, and it was a huge task even then, when there weren't quite as many participants. Though it was a fun way to find other blogs I enjoyed reading, and I still try to read the Scribblings of those that I met that way.

At the least, it certainly is interesting, as you mentioned, to see the many different takes on the prompt. Hope you enjoyed your visits!

raymond pert said...

To all of you who commented: It's hard for me to believe I'll ever be able to do this again, but I wanted to try it once. It's rewarding, fascinating, and very time consuming. But, if I have another lazy Saturday night and Sunday morning I'll give it another try.

I've got to say, this prompt "Goosebumps" inspired in people fascinating stories about unusual coincidences, synchronicity, and ghosts.

I really enjoyed finding out the number of people who have experienced things that the vast limitations of science have no explanation for.

myrtle beached whale said...

Raymond Pert:

While this is not Shakespeare, I think it is an interesting quote about paranormal events.

"I think paranormal experiences are very personal, again, if they are that. Yes, sometimes I've felt that some things I would personally believe enough for me to take action on it... like, you know, I felt something happen in a hotel once that made me never stay there again."

Pinehurst in my Dreams said...

The sound of your spouses voice can be very comforting. There's something in their voice that sounds like "home."

I read a book in '76 about John C. Fremont, and his exploration of California in the mid 1800s (or thereabouts). I felt so sorry for his wife who didn't see him for 6 months - year at a time, and didn't know if he were dead or alive for months on end. . .it must have been difficult for her to remember the sound of his voice.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for dropping by at Olsum's Diary. I guess each goosebump experience resulted in changes to our life. The incident described in my blog was a small portion of the real anxiety attack, which was brought about by negative thoughts. It led me to search for the meaning of life. I've since found and taken refuge in buddhism.

myrtle beached whale said...

Olsum:

Congratulations on finding a religion that gives you comfort. I believe there is no such thing as right and wrong when it comes to a belief system. Small minded people will tell you that unless you believe what they do that you are "going to hell". This type of brainwashing is terrifying. It gives me goosebumps.