Friday, August 17, 2007

And When I Die

InlandEmpireGirl and I went on a sibling outing today. Sadly, Silver Valley Girl was busy landing a new job and spending thousands of dollars on the Princess on fashion enhancements for her senior pictures and couldn't join us.

I was thinking today about my dad and his last few weeks of his life. His last outing before he died was a trip to Prichard and a burger and few cold ones at the Prichard Tavern. Today, I thought, if I can know when I'm going to die, as my dad did, I think I'd like my last outing to be a drive from Kellogg to St. Maries, St. Maries to Potlatch, Potlatch to Moscow, and then from Moscow to Worley, a couple of hours on the slot machines, and then back to Kellogg, over the Fourth of July Pass.

(By the way, I'd also like Norman Greenbaum's "Spirit in the Sky" played at my funeral. If any of my family objects, it's here in writing.)

The following pictures chronicle some of our trip: a stop at the Medimont trailhead on the Trail of the Coeur d' Alenes, a view of Cave Lake, a stop at the Giant White Pine Campground, and a tour of the University of Idaho.








No comments: