Thursday, August 23, 2007

Three Beautiful Things 08/23/07: Poverty, Anniversary, "Snug, Come!"

1. This morning I started reading "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" and after about 125 pages, I'm hooked. I look forward to reporting more about this book when I finish it.

2. I was pleased to be a part of InlandEmpireGirl and JEJ's 10th anniversary meal tonight. JEJ got to decide what he wanted and couldn't have chosen better: fried pork chops, mashed potatoes and gravy, swiss chard, applesauce, and a zucchini chocolate cake with chocolate glaze with vanilla bean ice cream. Congratulations to my sister and brother in law.

3. More often and more often, to my pleasure and relief, Snug comes when I call him.

1 comment:

JBelle said...

:) A Tree Grows in Brooklyn is a WONDERFUL book. That and .... Brothers K? About baseball in the PNW? have you read that?