Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Three Beautiful Things 08/15/07: Homecoming, Les Miserables, Twice Thursday

1. The Silver Valley Girl family has returned home and, while SVG was away, she visited Uncle Harry and he looks terrific: happy, trimmer, full of mischief and love.

2. If you happen to follow the shared writing assignments of my siblings and me, you might know that Silver Valley Girl's last post was delayed by her travels. It made my day beautiful to see she posted her piece on "Les Miserables", here.

3. I thought today was Thursday. I called Ed to see how his first day went on his new job. I rested up this afternoon and held off on snacks in anticipation of InlandEmpireGirl's arrival in Kellogg and the dinner we have planned. I started making mental plans for traveling to Moscow on Friday. I'm going to have to do these things all over again tomorrow. Today was Wednesday. I just had another day added to my life. I got August 15th back. I hope I enjoy living Thursday as much on Thursday as I did living it on Wednesday.

3 comments:

Mommy Dearest said...

I went back to work Tuesday and thought it was Monday all day long. I looked at the Monday court docket and went to sit on Monday's court hearings, confused about why none of the cases I went for were actually happening. By late in the afternoon, I finally got it figured out.

Katrina said...

What a treat! There are plenty of days I wish I could have a second crack at (and a few I didn't even want to live through once...lol!)

Pinehurst in my Dreams said...

I enjoyed your double Thursday week. I have to keep reminding myself what day of the week it is. . .Used to feel guilty about not remembering, but realized I don't have a teacher posting it on the calendar board, and I don't have to write it a zillion times on paper each day. So there! We aren't losing it. . .because we never really had it to lose. . .