Monday, August 13, 2007

Three Beautiful Things 08/13/07: Goosebumps, Compost, Boating (Maybe)

1. I may not ever be able to do it again, but today I finished reading and commenting on the last of the blogs submitted to Sunday Scribblings, inspired by the prompt, "Goosebumps". I did them all, as long as the link to their pages was intact. I read about a medium, scary movies, cemetaries, children in danger, success in teaching, sightings of ghosts, a cougar, moments of lovemaking, a variety of music, a fairy tale, works of fiction, poems, and other sources of what rouses different writers' skin to break out in bumps of excitement. It was a time-consuming and most enjoyable undertaking.

2. Lettuce, beet leaves, egg shells, watermelon rinds, pea husks, radish stalks, celery leaves, canteloupe rinds, apple cores, apple peels, orange peels, avocado peels, deadheaded flowers, weeds, and other reminders of Mom's time in the garden and the remainders of salads, cold fruit on a hot day, and garden vegetables cooked for dinner all have been composting in Mom's composter. I dug the bottom layer out today. Tomorrow, Mom will decide where she wants this rich new soil spread in her multiple flower and vegetable beds.

3. Scott called today. A bunch of us who graduated from KHS together just might be heading to Bayview for a trip on Lake Pend Oreille on Saturday. Talk about goosebumps!

3 comments:

Shelby said...

Thanks for the comment on my chill bumps post - enjoyed reading here this morning.. take care and happy Tuesday!

Giggles said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. Quite a feat trying to read every blog on Sunday scribblings! I've done it only a few times, now I just visit my regulars...plus a few extras!
Your comment was much appreciated!!

Peace Giggles

Pinehurst in my Dreams said...

Hope you have a great time on the lake!