Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Postcards from Box Canyon

Here's an amateur's experiment. I thought I'd try to create different styles of postcard pictures of Box Canyon. It's a narrow channel of the Pend Oreille River several miles south of Metalline Falls. This channel once was wild, making hauling minerals out of the Metalline area difficult. Engineers tamed the channel with a railroad bridge and a dam. I have cropped most references to the dam out of these pictures.

Today, I figured out how to take wide angle pictures with my little camera. I wish I had figured this out yesterday!

But, see what you think. I've tried to create what I think some older style postcards look like. I see the first picture as more like what postcards look like today.





2 comments:

Pinehurst in my Dreams said...

Beautiful work. I think you captured the mood of yesteryear with your photos.

JHS said...

Beautiful. Felt like I was there.