Thursday, February 10, 2011

Three Beautiful Things 02/09/11: New Friend, Work Poems, Best Pasta

1.  Nancy T., who grew up in the Silver Valley, and is about twelve years younger than me, discovered my blog and read some posts and initiated a correspondence between us.  I am very happy to have another friend from the Valley to share memories and thoughts with.  I'm very grateful that Nancy made the effort to make contact with me.  I'm especially grateful that she enjoyed my writing.

2.  I prompted my students in ENG 106 to write poems about work.  I'm eager to read the results.

3.  I made the simplest spaghetti sauce:  garlic, diced tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, a dash of sugar, basil, sweet Italian sausage, and ground beef.  I bought pasta that's more expensive than what I usually get.  The Deke said it was the best pasta she'd ever eaten.  I beamed.

No comments: