Saturday, February 19, 2011

Three Beautiful Things 02/16/11: Wordsworth, Heartbreak and Joy, Baked Chicken

1.  I got a bit transported today trying to help my students work through  "Lines Written a Few Miles Above Tintern Abbey, On Revisiting the Banks of the Wye During a Tour, July 13, 1798".  I really don't know if my students experienced a lot of Wordsworth's passion coupled with his obsession with the power of nature, but I gave it a go.  I know the poem seemed alien to many.  Maybe after spending well over an hour with it, the poem seemed a bit more familiar.

2.  My conferences with my writing students hit a higher gear today.  I enjoyed the students' writing again today and listened as well as possible to what each student was hoping to accomplish. I listened to many stories of heartbreak. I listened to stories of joy.  I tried to help each student come to a fuller understanding of happiness.

3.  I baked chicken pieces and they were buttery, moist, seasoned just right and tasted great with the roasted potatoes and onions, and green beans I fixed.   

No comments: