Saturday, June 6, 2015

Three Beautiful Things 06/05/15: Claire's Done with 3BTs, Sweet Tooth, Starting at Mt. Vernon

1.  I popped over to visit the original Three Beautiful Things blog/website and learned that all good things must end one day. Claire announced that she's dropped the final curtain on her 3BTs project which she began in 2004.  Over the years I've had some brief correspondence with Claire and am grateful that she inspired me to make Three Beautiful Things the way I keep track of what's happening in my day to day life and, at times, to reflect upon this and that. I'll keep plowing forward, keeping this record, writing about things, posting some pictures, and referring back to these entries often to sort out when such and such happened and what was going on at such and such a time.

2.  I passed a building on Belle View Blvd in Alexandria.  Inside were a Dunkin Donuts, a Baskin-Robbins, and a dentist's office.

3.  I drove to the southern terminus of the Mt. Vernon Trail at the Mt. Vernon estate itself.  As is so often the case with D. C. area historical sites, I thought I'd arrived at a theme park.  I didn't linger long in the parking lot. Rather, I began to walk the trail and enjoyed the lush greenery and the variations in terrain. I went only as far as the Riverside Park and returned to the car.  Here are a few of the pictures I took.

Early in the hike, my attention was arrested by the sweet smell of honeysuckle:


The trail is comfortably paved and winds its way through verdant forest land:




It's fun to zero in on some of this greenery;



No comments: