Sunday, September 11, 2016

Sibling Photo Assignment #5: Summer's End

I haven't completed Sibling Photo Assignment #4.  I have to be in Kellogg to do it and and I'll get it done when I return.

Christy assigned this challenge for assignment #5:  Take a series of photos that indicate summer is coming to an end. Christy's series is here and here is Carol's.

We've had a stifling heat wave here in the greater Washington D.C. area and I thought I might beat the heat for a while by heading to the Kenilworth Aquatic Gardens on Saturday morning, Sept. 10th. After I'd been there about a half an hour, I had to get out of the heat, but I took some pictures.

Kenilworth is the perfect place for this assignment because the lotus and lilies hit their peak in August and as the blooms wither and the leaves start to turn brown, it's a sign that summer is coming to an end.

There were still a few lotus and lilies in bloom:




But most of the lotus looked like this:


I enjoyed how evident the end of summer was in these mammoth lotus leaves:




No comments: