Friday, September 23, 2016

Three Beautiful Things 09/22/16: Greek Potatoes, Greek Kale Salad, Sleep Over at the Diaz Home

1.  I determined, via my imagination, that a Greek potatoes recipe I found had a lot of promise and so I sliced the potatoes, covered them with melted butter, olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, garlic powder, salt, pepper, chicken broth, and paprika and baked them twice in the oven, once with the pan covered with foil and once uncovered.  Next time I might increase the amount of lemon juice.  These potatoes turned out great and if you'd like to look over the recipe, just go here.

2. So, the other day I bought one of those bagged kale salads at Costco and decided to Greek it up rather than use the poppy seed dressing in the package.  I lavished the salad with cherry and grape tomatoes, chopped cucumber, leftover penne, chickpeas, Kalamata olives, and feta cheese. I didn't have red onion on hand, or else I would have added that.  I mixed up my favorite Greek vinaigrette recipe (it's here) and loved how it all came out.

3. After an emotionally raw get together at Old Line Bistro with employees of the Prince George's County School District, the Deke and I wound down at the Diaz household, enjoyed the food I had prepared, and spent the night so that our car would be off the property of our apartment home to make way for Friday's repaving project.

No comments: