Saturday, September 3, 2016

Three Beautiful Things 09/02/16: Get to the Store, If Music Be the Food of Love, Will Hermine Pass By Greenbelt?

1.  I enjoy cooking and part of the fun is reading recipes.  It's time for me to do some serious grocery shopping, so I got on my tablet and started reading recipes, thinking about what I might enjoy preparing, what others might enjoy eating, and started jotting down a grocery list. I got so caught up in thinking and imagining and reading, however, that I never made it to the store.  Saturday.  I'll go to the store Saturday. . .

2.  On Amazon Prime Music, I've been listening repeatedly to a playlist called "50 Great Classic Jazz Songs" featuring Miles Davis, Sarah Vaughn, John Coltrane, Les McCann and Eddie Harris, Ornette Coleman, Ella Fitzgerald, and a host of other artists. Today, I switched things up a couple of times. First, I left Amazon and went over to Pandora and played the Oysterband Station, featuring everyone from Mark Knopfler to Flogging Molly and enjoyed my dive into a variety of Celtic folk rock/Celtic punk tunes. Then I went back to the days of being freshly divorced, being at my short-lived peak in graduate school, and living and teaching in Spokane and listened to The Cure and Modern English and David Bowie and Flock of Seagulls and a host of other bands and performers from over thirty years ago, first on the Alternative 80's station and then on 80's New Wave.  "If music be the food of love, play on; Give me excess of it. . . "

3.  It looks like Hermine will pass east of us here in Greenbelt, but even with this apparent good news, I keep checking my weather app. to see if the path of the storm is changing and if we will need to hunker down.

No comments: