Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Three Beautiful Things 09/26/16: Into the Rhythm, Great Day with Nate, Thrash Metal at DC Brau

1.  It felt good to get right into the rhythm of exercising in the pool today at my water aerobics class.

2. After class, I sprung into the Sube and motored down to Union Station where Nate arrived from NYC on the Bolt Bus. We found each other in the station's main hall and decided to walk the over two and a half miles down to the Lincoln Memorial and take in the grandeur of the buildings and monuments of the National Mall.  Once we reached the Lincoln Memorial and experienced its awe, we decided to head over to the Tidal Basin and walk inside the Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial.  We rested our legs a bit and then trekked back to Union Station.  I enjoyed making this trek with Nate and I always love walking among the monuments.  Even more, I enjoyed my feet being without pain and we walked in neighborhood of at least six miles. If I have landed upon the right combination of shoe and inserts and can walk anywhere from 4000 to 10, 000 steps a day, this is a substantial bit of good news as I work to maintain my mental and physical health.

3.  After joining up for dinner on Capitol Hill at the 201 Bar with Nate's two colleagues who are also in town for the conference Nate is attending, I rumbled in the Sube up H Street, turned north on Bladensburg Rd, and made a quick stop at DC Brau for a pint of On the Wings of Armageddon and a six pack of the same to take home. I arrived just in time for last call and settled into a booth and let the thrash metal music John was playing on the stereo system wash over me and move me to do a little air head banging.

No comments: