Thursday, April 13, 2017

Three Beautiful Things 04/12/17: Lunch at Daft Badger, Potato Soup for Mom, *Chopped* Chef Judges Compete

1. Late this morning, I scaled the 4th of July Pass and coasted into Coeur d'Alene. I dropped by Byrdman's house and we plopped down at a table at Daft Badger Brewing and enjoyed some of the finest beer anywhere along with great sandwiches. Darrell Dlouhy, Daft Badger's proprietor was working. Byrdman and I both go way way back with Darrell and enjoyed shooting the breeze.

2. Mom asked me to cook potato soup with carrots, celery, and onion and I found a recipe, here, that I thought was pretty similar to the potato soup Mom made for us over the years.  Christy, Carol, and Paul joined Mom and me for a bowl and everyone seemed to think it was pretty good.

3.  Once again, after Mom got settled into bed for the night, I strolled over to Christy and Everett's to watch two very impressive episodes of Chopped featuring chef judges of the show squaring off against each other, demonstrating their phenomenal, sometimes balletic, skills.

No comments: