Friday, April 28, 2017

Three Beautiful Things 04/27/17: Phone Calls, Making Plans, Apartment Home Concert

1.  All right. I called the insurance company to find out what to say about insurance authorization when I called the radiology and cardiology offices to make appointments for the tests I need done to stay on the kidney transplant list. I wrote out a script for my phone calls to the offices. I needed a paper version of a teleprompter and I think I succeeded.

2. The Deke had another rough day at school and wanted to go to Old Line for a couple glasses of beer and we had a very good talk about the immediate future, our future living situation, and we are beginning to do what needs to be done to solidify our summer travel plans.

3.  Back home, we tore into the baguette I bought this morning and ate it with aged cheddar and Shropshire blue cheese. I was in the mood to listen to some great songwriting and singing so, with the help of YouTube, I played us a concert of Guy Clark, Jimmie Dale Gilmore, The Highwaymen, Bonnie Raitt and John Prine, Waylon Jennings, Shooter Jennings, and an ensemble of Guy Clark, Rodney Crowell, Jerry Jeff Walker, Steve Earle, Jimmy Dale Gilmore, and Eric Taylor joining Nanci Griffith on the David Letterman show to sing "Desperados Waiting for a Train."

No comments: