Monday, April 17, 2017

Three Beautiful Things 04/16/17: Easter Service, New Beers and a Surprise, Dinner with Betsy and Martin

1. I attended the Easter service at St. John's in Bethesda where Betsy Tesi is Associate Rector. The service stirred me, especially the Easter music. My hectic Sundays of late, with travel and visitors, have kept me out of church, and I loved being at home again in the liturgy.

2. After church and after checking in on Maggie and Charly, I drove down to DC Brau and enjoyed drinking samplers of three of their latest collaborations, Green Card Pale Ale (Firestone Walker), Conflicts of Interest Imperial Pilsner (Melvin), and Yonder Cities, a Farmhouse IPA (Union). In addition, and I never dreamed this would happen, DC Brau had a year old keg of one of my very favorite collaborations from a year ago, The Wise and the Lovely Imperial Milk Stout (Cigar City). I thought that beer was dead but it was resurrected and was the perfect Easter treat.

3. From DC Brau, I drove over to Ft. Totten, having accepted Betsy and Martin Tesi's invitation for Easter dinner. Marin fixed gorgeous, really thick rib eye steaks and Betsy fixed tender asparagus. We had mashed potatoes and Betsy fixed strawberry shortcake for dessert. We had splendid conversation. Our dinner capped off an unexpectedly superb Easter Sunday.

No comments: