Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Three Beautiful Things 04/18/17: Preparing to Leave, Getting Updates on Mom, Driving to Nyack

1. I got packed, the apartment vacuumed, the kitchen cleaned up, and dogs rounded up in preparation to drive to Nyack, NY today. Shortly before 1:00, I dropped Maggie and Charly off with Molly and enjoyed having some time to chat before I hit the road.

2.  Three times on my drive to Nyack, I stopped at rest areas to read updates from my sisters about how Mom's day was going and to thank them and to add brief thoughts or ask questions. I am very happy and relieved that Christy and Carol will both go with Mom on Wednesday morning to see Mom's primary care giver at 7:30 a.m. to talk about their concerns regarding Mom's difficulties, especially over the last five days or so.

3. I loved my drive to Nyack -- I've just got a thing about enjoying the drive through Baltimore, making my to the New Jersey Turnpike, and driving it.  Today, for the first time, I stayed on I-95 in New Jersey -- instead of taking the Garden State Parkway. I wanted to see the view of Manhattan off to the east and I wanted to have my first experience driving on the Pallisades Parkway.  I loved it all.  I arrived safe and sound at Adrienne's, enjoyed a Dogfish Head 60 IPA and ate a couple of superb shredded chicken tacos. Alex joined us and we all sat around and gabbed while Jack entertained himself with toys and then got ready for bed. I love being in Nyack.

No comments: