Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Three Beautiful Things 04/01/17: Mom's Back Home, Pool Floppin' Again, Tilapia Cakes

1. Christy, Carol, and Paul assisted Mom as she was discharged from the hospital on Monday around 7 p.m. Mom can no longer be in her house alone, so Christy and Carol worked out a schedule for Mom's care until professionals also come in from Loving Care to be with her.  Mom will have help trying to build strength in her muscles. She also needs to do all she can to stay hydrated, or, should I say, keep from getting so dehydrated again.

2. This morning, after many weeks of absence, I lifted my spirits and exercised my body by going to water aerobics. Especially after too long of an absence, the floppin' around felt really good.

3. I've had some tilapia filets in the freezer for a while and tonight I baked them and then flaked the fish meat into a mixture of egg, Old Bay seasoning, mayonnaise, mustard, red onion, lemon juice, and lemon zest, mixed it all up, formed about six falling apart fish cakes, covered them with broken up saltine crackers and fried them in hot canola oil. We ate these tilapia cakes with white basmati rice. The Deke and I were blown away by how much we loved this dinner. Here's the recipe I was guided by, but didn't follow strictly. Maybe I'll make the salad another time.

No comments: