Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Three Beautiful Things 07/01/19: Nightmare Recovery, Crab Stock, Yellow Curry

1. At night, I am rarely bothered by imaginary sounds or awakened by gruesome night visions, but Sunday night was an exception and I spent much of Monday recovering from a poor night's sleep and getting nightmares out of my head. I succeeded.

2. Since I've been on a roll lately making soup stock and since I had one more ziploc bag of crab shells in the freezer, I combined the shells and a couple of chopped onions and celery bits with water in the crock pot and got my last batch underway.

3. I combined yellow curry paste with coconut milk, fish sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, and a small lump of crunchy peanut butter, added tofu cubes and chopped cauliflower, and ended up with a pretty good curry sauce -- it was smooth, spicy, nutty, sweet, savory, and salty all at the same time. If I'd had a little more coconut milk on hand, I would have thinned it a bit (I could have opened a box of chicken broth), but since I was the only one eating it, I let it be a little thicker than I prefer. 

No comments: