Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Three Beautiful Things 07/09/19: A Little Stronger, Sewer Video, All-Star Game

1. I returned to the trail above the hospital. I stopped at the two benches as I ascended the trail and, instead of resting for sixty seconds, I rested for forty-five. Progress. It felt like my recovery time is improving.

2. The technician who came in today to video the sewer line was happy that the line could be easily videoed (no blockage, no roots) and was grateful that his work here was so easy. He was doing several similar jobs in Kellogg and had been running behind time.

3. I don't remember the last time I watched Major League Baseball's annual All-Star game. Fox Sports jazzed up the broadcast a bit by putting microphones on selected players and the managers and talking with them during the game. That was fun. Even more fun for me, however, was pushing my baseball education forward. I re-entered the world of Major League Baseball last summer when I bought a television and started watching games again, after well over twenty years away. This spring, I joined two Silver Valley leagues in the world of ESPN Fantasy Baseball, and my contemporary baseball literacy has grown quickly ever since. The American League won the game, 4-3. Most of my enjoyment came from seeing two pitchers on my fantasy rosters on tv for the first time: Luis Castillo and Jose Berrios. Both pitched a stellar inning, striking out two batters.

No comments: