Thursday, July 18, 2019

Three Beautiful Things 07/17/19: Back to the Hill, House Cleaning, Debbie's Arrival in Kellogg

1. I returned this cool overcast morning to the hill behind the hospital. I had my strongest hike so far. My rest times were 15-30 seconds. I didn't need to sit on either bench on the trail. When I reached the picnic table at the end of the hike, I was breathing hard, but I recovered quickly and, for the first time in the last month, felt like I could have enjoyed extending my hike. It shouldn't be too long before I do just that.

2. Invigorated by my walk to the trail, my hike, and my walk back home, and, encouraged by the cool weather, I decided to clean the kitchen and living room a little more deeply than usual. I laundered the bedding and towels. I got caught up on doing the dishes. I swept, vacuumed, and mopped the kitchen floor and wiped down cupboard doors and cleaned the surfaces of the stove, dishwasher, and refrigerator. I didn't do everything I might have, but I'll get back to the other tasks. I moved chairs and the ottoman in the living room and vacuumed all the rugs and the exposed sections of the floor.

It's difficult watching Charly age. She's slowed way down and her hind quarters are shot. That said, I have to admit that it's a relief that as an old dog, Charly no longer scream barks when I vacuum, making the task much less stressful and more enjoyable.

3. About 7:00 this evening, Debbie arrived back in Kellogg and we spent the next four hours talking about a range of things: family, money, our cars, travel, Charly's condition, the sewer project, and other things.

No comments: