Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Three Beautiful Things 07/22/19: Good Hike, Sewer Work Arranged, Salmon Rice Salad and a Triple Play

1. I returned to the trail above the hospital today. It was a very good hike. I stopped a couple of times to let my heart beat slow down and to get my breath back, but I didn't sit down. I don't think I'm much stronger than a week ago, but stronger than, say, three weeks ago. I was grateful that the air was cool and that I hiked under a cloud cover.

2. Today I made the arrangements necessary for the work on our sewer line to begin on July 31st and, most likely, to be finished the next day.

3. I was watching the Red Sox and the Rays play when I left the game long enough to heat up a salmon patty, crumble it, and combine it with leftover rice salad from last night. I added a dollop of Bitchin' Sauce and enjoyed a side of pita bread and hummus. This dinner was fantastic -- all that olive oil and lemon, garlic and cilantro; and all those olives and tomatoes. While I stepped away from the baseball game, the Red Sox exploded for three homers and seven runs in the top of the third and I missed it, but I didn't leave ESPN's broadcast just because a blowout was underway. I enjoyed different things the broadcasters, especially Dave Fleming and Tim Kurkjian, discussed during the game and I got to see Edwin Encarnacion hitting into a 5-4-3 triple play against the Twins replayed several times. It was awesome.

No comments: