Saturday, July 6, 2019

Three Beautiful Things 07/05/19: A Little Stronger, Freshening Up, Curried Invention

1. So, that hike up the hill behind the hospital has three places to sit down -- there are two benches on the trail and a picnic table at the viewpoint. To gauge my progress of building up my wind and strengthening my heart rate, I stop at each bench and count out 60 seconds to myself and try to determine if I am returning to normal breathing and heartbeat any quicker than the day before. I thought I was a little stronger today.

2. I drove Charly over to the vet's office to be groomed, shopped for a few groceries, and seized the opportunity to vacuum. Charly doesn't scream bark at the vacuum cleaner any longer -- I don't think she has the energy for that these days -- but, I think the vacuum cleaner noise bothers her all the same, so I was very happy to freshen up the house in her absence. The grooming also freshened Charly. I love how she looks and smells after she's been groomed.

3. I still had a small container of yellow curry sauce left over from a few days ago. I heated a salmon burger patty, broke it down into pieces, and combined it with the sauce. I poured this mixture into a bowl and I decided I'd created a delicious curried salmon stew.

No comments: