Friday, July 19, 2019

Three Beautiful Things 07/18/19: Yoke's Walk, Hospital Walk, Market Walk

1.  First thing this morning, I slung on my backpack and went on a cool walk to Yoke's and picked up a few items and got a full day of walking underway.

2. Later in the morning, I walked up to the hospital for my monthly blood draw. Upon checking in, the person at the front desk asked me for the name of the doctor who ordered the blood draw. Now, back in the days of having a monthly draw performed for the Univ. of Maryland, I had an order in the form of a letter with the doctor's name at the bottom. It's different with Sacred Heart in Spokane. No letter. Not able to get internet service on my phone at the hospital, I walked back home, jumped online, and found the name of my transplant nephrologist: Dr. Samer H. Bani Hani -- I was embarrassed that I'd forgotten his name (but not his kind manner). So, I walked back to the hospital, had my blood drawn, and walked back home.

3. This was turning into a good day for racking up steps. Around 5:00 or so, Debbie and I decided to head over to the Community Market at the Kellogg City Park. To my delight, Debbie wanted to walk over. We hung out at the park for a while, ate some food from Black Kettle Kitchen, talked with Sue and Cleve and Marah for a while, and sauntered over to the Hill St. Depot for a gin and tonic and some Yankees/Rays action on the flat screen. f When we arrived back home again, I was really happy to see that I'd racked up over 9000 steps for the day and had walked over 4.5 miles.

No comments: