Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Three Beautiful Things 11/02/10: Happiness, Election, Thai Food

1.  As I try to help my students dig more deeply into the sources of happiness in their lives, some of them are beginning to look not just at the surface of this question, but look at the underlying values that inform what makes them happy.  Some learning is happening.

2.  It was a calm election day.  I turned in my ballot.  I checked some results before I went to sleep.  I was happy to have participated and am trying to maintain a sense of neutrality and acceptance as our governing institutions move forward with their new configurations. 

3.  We didn't seem to have a lot of groceries around and Molly, The Deke, and I were all worn out, so I picked up a superb take out order from Chao Pra Ya and we enjoyed green curry, rad na, and tom kha soup.  What a pleasure. 

1 comment:

Christy Woolum said...

I can't tell you how much I enjoy the layout of your blog now. That picture of Snug is such a classic, and I love the whole look. It was nice to check the election results and see Rob Chase's name as the winner ( almost too close to call) of the Spokane County Treasurer position.