Thursday, November 18, 2010

Three Beautiful Things 11/17/10: Off Topic, Hammerhead Pondering, Early to Bed

1.  Yes, it demands a lot of me to meet one student after another over several hours to help each one revise her/his essay, but it's my favorite way to teach, especially when conversation wanders away from the essay a bit and I learn more about their lives, their work, avocations, families, and difficulties.

2.  After I went to Trader Joe's, I went to the North Bank for two pints of Hammerhead Ale.  The time I spent drinking these ales gave me some time to ponder my work, my family, my friends, and the world of sports.  It's fun to sit down where no one knows me, drink two slow ales, and let my mind off the leash and invite it to wander.  It's relaxing as well.

3.  For the second night in a row I was asleep at 8:00.  Sometimes it's what I need to do in order to keep my mind fresh and my disposition sweet in my work.  It works.

No comments: