Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Three Beautiful Things 11/15/10: Gnats in the Wind, Who's Speaking?, Car Care

1.  Sparrow read "Gnats Inside the Wind" to the class as we looked at different Rumi poems and I thought I was a real card when I said it reminded me of my favorite Kansas song, "Gnats in the Wind".  Then for the rest of the day, I kept singing to myself, "Gnats in the wind/All we are is gnats in the wind."

2. I heard myself saying things about Rumi's poetry I'd never said before and I wondered who that was saying those things.

3.  It's kind of like going to see Dr. Stephenson, my dentist, only it's Dan at EuroAsian:  competent, no fake friendliness, quick, reliable.  It's like Dr. Stephenson's office where I almost look forward to going to the dentist.  EuroAsian almost makes me look forward to having my oil changed or my brakes replaced.

No comments: