Monday, November 8, 2010

Three Beautiful Things 11/07/10: For All the Saints, Home Improvements, Farvageddon

1.  We celebrated All Saints Day at St. Mary's Episcopal Church with an 11:00 Solemn High Eucharist.  I love the hymn "For All the Saints" and we sang the first four verses to open worship and the last four to close.  I think I sang too loud and I probably shouldn't have been whistling the tune during the Scripture readings, but that hymn's melody carries me away.

2.  The Deke went all unilateral today at Oldfield's and bought us a new kitchen stove/oven and dishwasher.  When she went out, I was just hoping she'd pick up some groceries.

3.  Mark this as the day when I declared next week's invasion of Soldier Field by the Minnesota Vikings as so biblical, so epic, so terrifying that it can only be called Farvageddon.

No comments: