Thursday, November 25, 2010

Three Beautiful Things 11/23/10: Ice Day, Crazy Heart, Happy Family

1.  Icy conditions throughout Lane County meant school closed.  I can get caught up on  reading and grading my students' in-class writings on Rumi.  Oh, wait.  Crap.  No I can't.  I left those papers in my office.  Sooo...

2.  Guess I'll watch a movie: Crazy Heart.  The acting in this movie entertained me at the deepest level.  Jeff Bridges.  Lord.  I've loved his work ever since The Last Picture Show on through Cutter's Way, Starman, and forward to The Big Lebowski and beyond.  I mean who hasn't.  Once again, as I've seen him do countless times with other roles, he completely occupies the character of Bad Blake.  I also loved Maggie Gyllenhall, Robert Duvall, and Colin Farrell.  The acting made the movie for me.  I didn't really enjoy the story line all that much.  I liked the music, the acting, and the visual pleasures of the landscapes, but the story?  Not that much.

3.  I fixed dinner tonight:  baked chicken with a bunch of half onions.  Broasted potatoes.  Broccoli.  I used that Greek seasoning on the chicken with butter.  The chicken was moist and delicious.  The spuds, onions, and broccoli worked as well.  Debbie, Molly, and I were a happy family at the dinner table tonight. 

No comments: