Monday, January 3, 2011

Three Beautiful Things 01/02/11: The Cooler and Church, Fajita Surprise, Back to the U. of O.

1.  I almost never go to the bar before church, but the Troxstar and I wanted to watch the Pats and the Dolphins, the game was at 10:00, I read the Old Testament lesson at 11, so about 9:30, we drove to The Cooler.  No worries.  I had a ground round steak and eggs and hashbrowns and toast and a few cup of coffees and was sober as a lector when I read the beautiful passage from Jeremiah.  Fact is, I was sober all day long. 

2.  The Deke wanted a surprise for dinner.  She also wanted a dinner made from a recipe.  So I dove into the America's Test Kitchen Family Cookbook and quickly found a quick simple and tasty sounding recipe for fajitas.  I'd never prepared fajitas before and it was a lot of fun.  Furthermore, the Deke, Molly, and Pat all were very happy with how they turned out.  Oh! The Deke was surprised.

3.  On Saturday, I took pictures on the University of Oregon campus and I realized, when I returned home, that I didn't have it straight in my mind which hall was Deady and which Villard.  So I went back to campus today under a cloudless January sky, with temperatures around 30 degrees, cold and comfortable, and got things straightened out.  It was a gorgeous little walk and a satisfying fact finding mission. 

No comments: