Sunday, January 23, 2011

Three Beautiful Things 01/22/11: Beaming at Albertson's, Hendricks Park Photos, Hot Drumettes

1.  I got out of bed sometime after 7:00 a.m. and I knew we needed dishwasher detergent and I knew I wanted it right away because I knew I wanted to get the dishes going because I knew quite a few dishes needed to be washed that wouldn't fit in the dishwasher.  My reward for going to Albertson's at 7:30 or so?  The friendliest, bubbliest, funniest checker I've had in years.  I was beaming as I left the store.

2.  Russell and I went on a photo shoot at Hendricks Park and I was a little braver with my camera.  I'll be posting an album on Facebook.  Not all of my "bravery" worked, but I got a few pretty good shots and I think I'm learning more about my Nikon.

3.  I decided tonight would be a good night to introduce Adrienne and Patrick to my brand of hot wings.  They were actually hot drumettes, my favorite part of the chicken to make hot.  It was a buttery feast.  I fried the chicken in butter and, of course, the hot sauce is a combination of butter and Frank's Orginal Hot Sauce.  I think when Patrick said, "Score!" that meant he liked them and Adrienne and the Deke were mightily pleased.  The sweet potato fries also worked and we all enjoyed the celery and Lighthouse Blue Cheese dressing (from Sandpoint). 

No comments: